http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/21/tourism.vacation.iraq.sights/index.html?iref=allsearch
So I thought this was a very interesting article on CNN about how people are drawn to visit present day Iraq because of the historical richness. Great article it gives you a different persepctive than just thinking about Iraq as a war torn country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/21/tourism.vacation.iraq.sights/index.html
ReplyDeleteReally interesting connection to the material we're looking at this week. Anyone up for a field trip :)
Not within the next few years... :) Friends of mine have recently travelled all over the Middle East and they all had a wonderful experience - I guess because they got home safely and have South African passports...
ReplyDeleteI think going to the Middle East would be amazing but definitely not now. A coworker who was born in Iran just got back, and I can't wait to see his photos.
ReplyDeleteOf all the 4 historical sites mentioned, I would have been interested in Babylon. In the article, it's been pointed out that Saddam Hussein has extensively reconstructed it, and there were only 73 tourists that visited the area. With a travel advisory up in the air and not much things to see in a war torn country, this must be tough to sell.
ReplyDelete