I was interested to learn more about the Muslim community in a historical context. I resepct each and every religion and love to learn about their beliefs and why they have their beliefs. I personally feel that their attitide about women is a little behind in it's time and that is why I assumed that this was a traditional form of thinking for them. The Quran was clear when it said that woman and men were equal in their spiritual life, yet this is where it started and ended because concerning other subjects this is definately not the case.
It is believed that Allah made men superior to women because men spend their wealth to maintain them (pg.314). It is also said that good women are obediant, this is something that bothers me because this form of thinking is introduced to them on the foundation of their religious beliefs. It's like when people say "Oh I'm Catholic so I can do what I please and just got to confession", that frame of thought is missing the whole point. I think that people feel within themselves what is correct, and I find it hard to believe that an individual could feel that women are not equal to men in any situation. I do understand why women accept this form of sexism though, they are raised in this religion and want to obey Allah, they want to be a good woman according to their society. As you can see from the following video they start early...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This clip is very disheartening.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sad and even outraging. To teach children hate, in this case as early as 3 1/2 years old, is unfair and unjust. Once hate is engraved in their hearts, these same children could possibly engage in violent acts as early as in their teenage years. I do not understand why people finds it easier to teach hate than love...
ReplyDelete